The Technological Plan for Education (PTE) consists of three lines of action – Technology, Content and Training, that covers all areas related with the modernisation of the education system in Portugal.
Working closely with the Ministry of Education team responsible for implementing the PTE, Construção Pública, E.P.E. has undertaken a number of efforts aimed at implementing the Technology part of the PTE in secondary schools. These include:
- preparation of the schools for high-speed broadband Internet connections;
- preparation of the infrastructures and installation of the active equipment for enabling Internet access in classrooms, including full wireless coverage;
- preparation of the infrastructures and installing the “Technological Kit”equipment, consisting of computers with Internet connection, video projectors and interactive whiteboards;
- preparation of the infrastructures for implementation of the “School Card”, which has the following functionalities: control of access to a school; recording attendance; and electronic purse card;
- preparation of the infrastructures and implementation of the support systems for the “Escol@Segura” [SafeSchool] project, incorporating anti-intrusion and video surveillance systems in the schools.