The intervention in Sebastião e Silva Secondary School, a school complex from the second period of school construction that was opened in 1952 and extended in 1958, was characterised by the remodelling of the existing facilities in terms of reorganisation of the interior space, upgrading of interior floor and wall coverings.
The facilities open to the community – such as the administration offices, spaces for attendance to parents and guardians, New Opportunities Centre, library and exhibition area are all close to the building’s main entrance.
The normal classrooms and arts and experimental sciences nuclei are located in the wings of the building.
The sports fields and respective support facilities were remodelled and a roof was built over one outdoor playing field.
The intervention in the school grounds was marked by the diversity given to the different patios.